‘Edith Wilmot’ is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
‘Edith Wilmot’ may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st April 2018
Consent – we may collect your personal data, but this will not be passed on to any third party.
Contract – under certain circumstances we may process your personal data to take steps towards/complete a contract with yourselves.
Legal Compliance – if the law requires us to we may need to collect and process your data
Legitimate interests – we may process your personal data without consent if we need to do this for a legitimate reason
- when you visit our website
- when you create an account with us
- when you make a purchase or service in store, by phone or via our website
- when you engage with us on social media
- when you make contact with us by any means with queries, comments, complaints etcHow and why your data is collected
We sometimes need to collect your data in order to fulfil a contract/enquiry with you, to keep you updated if you have requested this, to share offers that you might be interested in or to improve the way that we interact with our customers.
Here is how we will use your personal data and why:
- to process any enquiries that you make we will process your personal data under the basis of legitimate interests and contract.
- to process any orders or payments that you make we will process your personal data under the basis of contract and legal obligations.
- to protect our business, our website and yourself from fraud or illegal activities we will monitor browsing activities under the basis of legitimate interests.
- to deal with any queries, refunds or complaints we will process and store personal data for six months under the legal basis of legal, contractual and legitimate interests.
- to keep you informed via email, text, phone or web we may contact you, we will do this under the basis of consent.
- if appropriate we might process your personal data to share with law enforcement under the basis of legal obligations.
- to process your order/service it may be appropriate to share your data with a third party (such a delivery firm) otherwise we would be unable to fulfil your request.
- name and job title
- contact information including address, postcode, phone number and email address
- purchases and orders made by you
- your communication and marketing preferences
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- information gathered by cookies in your web browser
- your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback
- to provide goods and services to you, through our internal record keeping;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- If we sell our business
- To third parties to complete a service or product delivery that you have requested.
- In cases where the law dictates that we must
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Alex Jones at email@example.com, this will be free in most cases.
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at ([email protected])
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone us on: 0117 9508 589
Or write to us at: Edith Wilmot Florist, 5 Carlton Court, Bristol, BS9 3DF